Saturday, December 6, 2008

here, my dear.

"I'm going to be a gentleman tonight, baby. Don't worry about it."



Since I didn't/couldn't make it out to Martha Wainwright tonight for all-intensive recuperation purposes, I figured spending my night with Marvin Gaye would be the next best thing. I figured it was Time to Get it Together. I've got what seems like the entire gaybourhood partying in my living room (I'm fairly certain I can hear Mariah Carey, no joke..), so it's a good thing I've got Marvin's discography on iTunes (and about a bazillion YouTube videos of him) to keep me company.

I'd like to know who the fool woman is that's telling 'him to put his suspenders back on in this live version of "Let's Get it On" at the Montreaux Jazz Festival.



I'm always tempted to throw him down on the record player when company comes, but with so few of the people that come over being people I'd like to make sweet, sweet love with I usually just stick to Al Green or Syl Johnson if I'm in the mood for the soul of a black man (uh, always). They make me want to take my pants off less. Sort of.

I thought it was going to be hard enough to wait for the release of NOTORIOUS on January 16, but after some soul & internet research I have recently been in(ternet)formed that Jesse L. Martin (of Law & Order and Rent fame) and James Gandolfini will be starring in Sexual Healing- a biopic of Gaye's life to be released in 2010.

Although my current flame couldn't be with me tonight (and yes ladies & gentlemen, as of recently there is only one), I'm nowhere near lovelorn. I'm, for the most part, very happy with what's going on.

What's going on.. What's going on..

No comments: