Sunday, November 30, 2008

let's get it on.

I've simply got to stop dating* rappers.



11:05pm- "but yeah whenever i see andrew we rap about you, it funny".

Although I seem to date* an inordinate amount of men who spit rhymes more than tobacco; this one was obviously a mistake. I mean, just look at the spelling & grammar mistakes. I like to think that if someone was writing a rap about me, it would be really nice and flattering. Y'know, like something not using the word "bitch" or "cunt" or any other choice four letter words? I'm thinking Eric B. & Rakim's "What's on Your Mind?", not Ludacris.

I know homie's got all sorts of hoes in dif'rant area codes.

Rappers tend to have alot of love whether it be for their homies, their boo, their music, or their mamas. Thanks to a less-than-mutal breakup on my behalf, I'm guessing the Andrew character he was referring to isn't exactly writing hip hop love songs for this former shortie in his spare time. Whatever, the dude wore sweatpants on a regular basis. I just couldn't hack it anymore.

Instead of looking further into this, I've dedicated my evening to Eye Know by De la Soul. Featuring samples from one of my favourite Steely Dan songs, this song really does Peg, and me, proud.

Gets me three feet high and rising.

To this day, whenever a dude makes me a mix tape/CD/playlist programmed into my iPod, I always scan the song list for either of these numbers (...and to this day, no man has fulfilled that fantasy).

It's aiight. I've got plenty o' faith that one day it won't just be Steely Dan telling me "I know I'll love you better."


*Note: By date, I don't nessecarily mean date, if you know-what-I'm-sayin'. This is where those choice four letter words proooobably came in handy.
**Note: Definitely.

No comments: