Saturday, November 8, 2008

paper airplanes so far away.



Just when I was having the teeniest, tiniest inkling regarding whether or not uprooting my life (or what was left of it after quitting my job and several boyfriends) and making the big move from Winnipeg to Toronto was the right idea, a love letter attached to a rock with an elastic band sailed through my living room window and landed about four feet from where I sat on my fur coat on the hardwood floor, curled up stealing the internet. No, I still don’t have a couch. It’s a good thing my collection of furs is so stellar.

Not only do I wish I knew who this secret gentleman caller is because the sheer act of writing a love note in the first place is so romantic & beautiful & underrated, but homie’s gotta have really good aim.

Now I’ve changed my tunes from Buck 65 to Charlotte Gainsbourg, I’ve changed my drink from rye & coke to chamomile tea, and I’ve climbed out of my (very) brief “woe is me” phase and am about to climb right into my warm bed with some paper and pens. Everyone loves to get mail, especially in such an unconventional way. The love letter looks great next to all of my polaroids & the smiling faces of my beautiful friends on my fridge As any blonde bombshell in history would say, “I must get back to doing my correspondence.” because if the smiles on the faces of my friends who will be receiving letters in a weeks time are anywhere near how big the smile on my face is right now, they’re going to be some happy Winnipegers.

Note: The love note in the photo isn't the one that sailed oh-so-gracefully into my living room. These are the times where I would kill to own a digital camera.

No comments: