Sunday, February 1, 2009

I ordered this slip off e-bay tonight on a whim.




A beautiful, full-length black silk BACKLESS nightgown. Doesn't hurt that I have an almost identical one in soft pink already.

I love vintage lingerie. I would swim in it if I could. I often lounge around my apartment in a slip and several strands of pearls. I wear lipstick when I do my laundry & my vacuuming. I don't even care if there's anyone else around to see it, although it's also nice if there is. When I was sixteen, I spent $200 on a black corset for Valentine's Day for a boyfriend from some shitty mall lingerie store and wore it under everything I owned. Not to suck my stomach in, or anything, but mostly just because I thought it was really glamourous and beautiful. I used to own several garter belts. I love thigh high stockings and lace and satin n' shit. Next thing you know, I'm going to start bathing in gin.



Apparently I like to think I'm Miss Hannigan from Annie. You know, the part of the film where she gets drunk and croons Little Girls & wears lingerie and lounges around in satin. I absolutely adore Carol Burnett. (Un)fortunately, with my new haircut I look a little more like Orphan Annie.

Next on my list, and my credit card bill, is this:



It's mine as soon as one of you has $1,195 to lend me. Plus shipping. This beautiful YSL Amber fox fur coat is my reason for living, and it's not even hanging in my closet yet. I've got a pretty great collection of furs on the go; I have a short mink, a fox fur, a mid-length sable, a couple faux-furs and a new stole (assumedly fox) with silk lining and a pocket that perfectly fits my flask. My Ragpickers finds will tide me over until my mother tires of her full-length mink that I've had my eye on for years, or until Daddy Warbucks decides he could do with another curly haired, dimpled wonder in his life. Whichever comes first.

The sun finally came out in Toronto today which allowed some ladyfriends and I do to some thrift & fabric shopping after the requisite Sunday brunch. It was really nice. From The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow to You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile in less than 72 hours.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments: