Thursday, January 8, 2009

it be's that way sometimes.




There are so many things that are fucked up about this picture. Unfortunately, my "gentleman" friend's other ladyfriend on the right looks deliriously happy while I just look sad & pissed off.

Nina Simone, the High Priestess of Soul, sang "My Man's Gone Now" way back when. Unfortunately being a single woman for me probably won't end the same way as it did for her- with a lengthy relationship with the Prime Minister of Barbados.

...Maybe just a torrid affair with a certain Belizean beat poet? Oh wait; been there, done that.

Waiting around this weekend to find out what's to come with my quasi-pseudo relationship come Sunday, and his much awaited return from Winnipeg, is something I never would've done a year ago, so I've just recently decided to just... not. I hoping to be singing 'I Get Along Without You Very Well' instead of 'Little Girl Blue' come Saturday evening.

Chances are, I won't be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe she looks deliriously happy, but you still look way hotter.