Friday, January 16, 2009

so [sick] of love songs









Skipping math, again, and drinking with a select (preferred) few of my new friends & classmates seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately, after one (two, three..) too many Molson Canadians at a sports bar 'cross from school led me to be hugging my toilet shortly after 5pm. I haven't been feeling normal since. Drinking at noon always seems like the best idea.

All I thought I wanted tonight was a pair of wool socks, about eight blankets, ginger ale and someone to spoon feed it to me through a straw. I got 3 out of 4, and that ain't bad. Besides, with no hunk here to drink ginger ale with and nurse my nausea, I can wear a one-piece long john suit with my wool socks and take pictures of myself on my living room couch without much embarassment at all. I meant well when I told myself I'd do my dishes, debone & brine the chicken I'l be frying for dinner for company tomorrow night, and you know, do the vaccuuming. Instead, I did some catch-up on a near-week's worth of Law & Order: SVU, meanwhile catchin' up with my favourite Winnipeg ex-boyfriend.



For now, I feel about as crazy as my curls, but I'm sure I have high hopes that I'll be feeling just fine, albeit a little frustrated, by midnight.

No comments: