Monday, January 19, 2009

To the guy who has been trying to get out of a snowbank outside my window for over an hour and a half...




... You aren't going to get out of that snowbank anytime soon. That's what you get for talking on your cell phone and smoking a cigarette while you parallel park. I think you could use some lessons not only in parking, but in life as well.

On another note, I think you can really tell a lot about a person by their Wikipedia searches, even moreso than their horoscope, a Livejournal meme, or their Facebook inbox.

I only say this, because if I weren't me, and I saw what I, Lauren Wilton, had searched for on Wikipedia in the past 30 days, I would really, truly, madly, deeply want to be my friend. Other than Savage Garden, some of my latest searches include the following:

Barbra Streisand, interracial relationships, houseplants, Indian hip-hop, Bruce Springsteen, oak trees, mud, jungle fever, sub-irrigation, deep frying in lard, foot-candles, lesbian bed death, Mighty Igor Vodic, flash-mobbing, tribadism, Stonehenge.. and many more.

On yet another note, via facebook I just learned that my favourite chinese food restaurant in Winnipeg has now closed. Somewhat of a family tradition, my dad used to take me there and the owner would sit and drink with us and tell me all about how he & my father used to get drunk together in hot tubs. Thanks alot, information age. I'd rather not know that the River Mandarin's chicken with lemongrass will never be gracing my palette ever again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can smoke a cigarette and talk on a cell phone while I parallel park.

And it still only takes me one try.

extraordinary machine said...

That doesn't mean you should!

Matt said...

I like tribadism. Sadly the Wikipedia article has been pulled and is now only a stump.