Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's snowing. Usually I love a good snowstorm, a white winter, but my "new" (read: Value Village) boots are apparently not even Toronto-winter-worthy. My left boot has sprung a leak and I am constantly wet & cold.

School is hard. No matter how good of a cook I know I am, my beady-eyed Scottish professor is a really, really tough marker and having a low grade (even if it is the second highest in the class) is driving me nuts. Hard is good, granted. I think the 7am classes are just getting to me.

I miss my best friends. I don't necessarily miss Winnipeg, but there's constantly things I see and do every day that I wish they were here for.

A cute guy asked me out on a date (thing) tonight. I originally had said yes, but I'm too miserable and cynical today to be on best first-date behaviour. Also, I'm smitten with Loverboy. Unfortunately, I'm starting to doubt the return of his ador. I can't even write openly about this shit in my own blog. Aforementioned Loverboy reads it.

I lost a mitten today. Well, a wool sock that was acting as a mitten because..

I am really, truly poor. I have been eating carrots from a 10lb bag that I bought two weeks ago. I am now almost out. Fortunately, my parents will be sending me some grocery money for February. Unfortunately, it's not enough. I need to work, and I'm not getting the shifts I need. I also don't have the energy to look for a new job.

I picked up chicken soup at Prague on my way home from class for Loverboy who is currently recovering from a bout of food poisoning. I put it down on the floor to take off my boots. The broth poured out onto the hardwood. That's what I get for cutting corners and not making it myself.

I'm miserable and in an awful mood and could use some cheering up.

No comments: